There’s some awesomeness going on here. And by that I mean, Tori Nelson’s blog. She’s as funny as she is Southern, as joyful as she is hilariously self-effacing. All in all, she makes me giggle on a regular basis. And she was just awarded the Sunshine Award from THE SUN (I guess the sun gets bored on his off hours and is a blog reader) and then she in turn passed it to people she thought the Sun doesn’t hate.
The sunshine award is a good thing, right?
I mean, is it this kind of sun:
Need More Deodorant!
Or like this:
I want to bathe in this sunlight
So I’m assuming Tori called me sunshine in the best possible way. I’m hoping it’s the warm, beautiful sunshiny way not the uncomfortable, glaring sunshine.
And then she gave me eleven awesome questions to answer.
Questions for those tagged or otherwise sunshined (?):
1. Life is all about making David Letterman happy. What’s your most entertaining Stupid Human Trick?
I can touch my nose with my tongue. This is SO useful for when my hands are full and there’s an itchy booger that needs picked (if you’re reading this while eating, my apologies. I know booger eating jokes are in bad taste. hahaha)
2. What’s your most traumatic experience?
Giving birth. It was EXCRUCIATING torturous pain so I don’t even see how it’s legal. But then again I got a baby out of it so alls well and good now. Best consolation prize EVER.
3. What one word best describes you?
4. Cake or Cake? (Note: Trick Question!)
CAKE! Wait…er, um. I guess that was wrong. I actually think it’s cake.
5. If you were a celebrity and thus legally obligated to name your offspring something horrendous, what would your little bundle of publicity’s name be?
6. Who would win in a girly pop/dance/hair flip battle, Bieber or Beyoncé?
Beyonce. Just because you can’t rock a hair flip battle without hips.
7. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck?
I’ve never met a woodchuck nice enough to ask. They’re very surly creatures.
8. If given the opportunity to get away with it, who or what would you like to punch?
I’m not a violent person, but anytime people try to speak for Jesus and talk like he was a white republican masochist who hates sinners makes me want to punch them just so they’ll shut up.
9. Desperate times call for weird measures. What strange career would you try to make that money, honey?
I’ve thought about this.
The strangest thing I’ve come up with would be to take people on fake adventures. They’d pay me to help them break into a house. They’d pay me to drop them off in the middle of the forest. They’d pay me to crash land their plane. They’d pay me to…well, basically any adventure you’d see on the movies they’d pay me to plan for them.
10. What’s one thing you can’t live without?
11. The most important question of all of ever and everything: Big Spoon or Little? Spork?
Whew! I hope I answered all those in a sufficiently sunny way. Thanks for the fun questions, Tori! What would you have said, readers?
Now to share some of my favorite sun-filled blog sites I love. Please click and visit. That is, if you’re interested in sunniness.
Tori Nelson’s Humor in the Humdrums
August McLaughlin’s Savor the Storm
Myndi Shafer’s Blogging Barefoot
Paige Kellerman’s There’s More Where That Came From
Leanne Shirtliffe’s the Ironic Mom
K.B. Owen Let’s Cozy Up To The Chase
Awesome graphic artist The Sofi’s World
Kristen Lamb’s Writing and Social Media blog
Fabio Bueno’s Diamonds and Rust
Marcia Richards In The Company of Smart, Sexy, Strong Women
And there are so, so many more I adore but that’s all for now because I just spent way too long writing this post because I had to catch up on SO many darn awesome blogs. Now it’s your turn.
Cya ’round the coral, cowboys! Have a sunny day. And I mean that in the best possible way.